What exactly is bleach?
Bleach is a chlorine-based corrosive substance that uses a diluted solution of sodium hypochlorite to turn coloured organic compounds into colourless ones. It’s a corrosive substance that – even when diluted – can cause burns, irritations, and damage home surfaces. Since bleach is strong enough to kill some of the worst bacteria, it makes sense that it poses a risk to anyone that uses it! It can especially be harmful to babies, young children, and pets, as their immune systems can’t fight off the harsh chemicals.
Serious effects of bleach can include skin burns, respiratory problems, damage to the nervous system, asthma flare-ups, headaches, and vomiting. Bleach is not only toxic to humans, but to animals and our environment! Bleach is a known contributor to water pollution. When it makes its way into our water systems, it reacts with other minerals and elements to create a host of dangerous toxins that can take years to naturally break down. Even the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) has banned the use of bleach in restaurants, hotels, hospitals, and schools. Shouldn’t we do the same in our homes?
Thankfully, the answer is easy – Nellie’s Oxygen Brightener brightens your whites and penetrates stains without hurting you, your family, or the environment! Thanks to the power of oxygen, our formula strips away dirt, grit, odour, and grime. The chlorine-free formula is colour-safe, septic safe, hypoallergenic, environmentally-friendly, and biodegradable, just like all of Nellie’s products.
How can you use Oxygen Brightener around the house? Click here!