On the Blog
Life Hacks, Tips, Tricks... Just For You.
How to clean up your patio with Nellie's!
It’s that time of year to scrub the BBQ grills and refresh outdoor furniture! Nellie’s has safe, planet-friendly cleaning products to get your patio ready for this summer’s grilling and chilling!Read more →
Nellie's Dishwasher Powder
When we load our dishwashers, we expect a lot from the machines and dishwashing agents we choose. We want our dishes to be clean, spotless and prevent limescale. To get the result we desire, we invest in dishwasher liquids, powders, tabs, and rinse aids, all promising the best results.Read more →
Earth Month With Nellie's
Happy Earth Month! As a company, Nellie’s strives to make planet friendly, simple, and honest products for your whole home!
This Earth Month (and always) our commitment to you is to stay true to the following guidelines when developing new products.
It's The Little Things
Heading out of town and can’t live without your Nellie’s faves? Here’s how you can use some of our popular travel-size products on the go!
And like most Nellie’s products, our minis have MULTIPLE uses!
WOW Mop Tips
WOW Mop Tips, Tricks & Troubleshooting
Who would’ve thought that you would ever look forward to mopping your floors? Nellie’s WOW Mop makes cleaning your floors – dare we say it – enjoyable. Truth is, you might never want to stop!
Now that you have reviewed the user manual and put your mop components together, here are some recommendations to keep your mop in tip top working order!
Keep your sprayer clear of clogs:
To avoid clogging, do not use any cleaning solutions that contain oil, wax, or vinegar, as it may corrode the inside of your sprayer. You can use any floor cleaner you like, but of course we recommend Nellie’s Floor Care. Nellie’s Floor Care is planet-friendly, concentrated, and contains no harsh chemicals, phosphates, or strong perfumes!
- Dilute Nellie’s Floor Care with water. We recommend a 1:3 ratio of solution to water - a little goes a long way!
- If your sprayer becomes clogged, empty the reservoir, and run hot (not boiling) tap water through the sprayer. Keep pressing the spray button until successful.
- If your sprayer nozzle is clogged, take a push pin or needle, and gently poke the center of the spray nozzle to dislodge any clumps.
- Be sure to empty the reservoir when not being used regularly.
- Live in an area with hard water? Use distilled water as mineral build up can cause the sprayer to clog.
Maximizing Battery Life:
- Be sure to charge your WOW mop fully prior to first use! The mop is fully charged when all lights are illuminated (1-3 hours).
- Note: 1 light = 30% charged, 2 lights = 65% charged.
- Release the handle from the upright position and press the power button to get started.
- Once fully charged, remove plug from mop and wall and store adaptor in a safe place.
- If your mop is not charging all the way, make sure that you are using the original WOW Mop Adapter. Using a different adapter can shorten your mop’s battery life. Nellie recommends labelling your WOW Mop adapter so it doesn't get lost or misplaced!
- If using the correct adapter but the mop is still not charging to 100%, this can be an indicator that the adapter is defective.
Please contact Nellie’s Customer Service for assistance.
- If your mop is not oscillating when pressing the on/off button, try changing the battery in the handle of the mop.
We stand by our products, which is why the WOW Mop comes with a 2 year replacement warranty when purchased through an authorized retailer!