Skip the Bleach and Switch to Oxygen
Bleach is often the first product most of us think of when we need a product that can brighten white clothes, remove stains, disinfect objects, and more. It may get your clothes and linens looking bright, but it poses dangerous risks for your health and the environment.
Bleach is a chlorine-based corrosive substance, and even when it has been diluted it can cause burns, irritation, and damage home surfaces. Since bleach is strong enough to kill even the worst bacteria, it makes sense that it poses a danger to those who use it and anyone exposed to it. It can be especially harmful to infants, young children, and pets because their immune systems can’t fight off the harsh chemicals.
The serious effects of bleach can include skin burns, respiratory problems, damage to the nervous system, asthma flares, headaches, and vomiting. Bleach is not only toxic to humans, but to animals and our environment! It's a known contributor to water pollution. When it makes its way into our water systems, it reacts with other minerals and elements to create a host of dangerous toxins that can take years to break down. Even the Occupational Safety and Health Administration has banned the use of bleach in restaurants, hotels, hospitals, and schools. We should do the same in our homes!
Thankfully, Nellie’s All-Natural Oxygen Brightener brightens your whites and penetrate stains without hurting you, your family, or the environment. The power of oxygen strips away dirt, grit, odor, and grime. The chlorine-free formula is color-safe, septic safe, hypoallergenic, environmentally-friendly and biodegradable, like all of Nellie’s products.
Why powder? Liquid detergents are made up of at least 50% water. At Nellie’s, we don’t believe selling you water and moving water around the planet is a very good idea. The fact is, more cleaning power can be packed into a smaller space using powder.